Monday, September 28, 2009

Chapter 4#

Lord of the Flies
Chapter 4#
Painted Faces and Long Hair “The Pig must die!”
Perspective: Ralph

I bath in the water with Simon and Piggy. The sun shines and plasters my fair hair back against my skull. I relax for the first time in a long time not only because it is so stressful being on the island, with the little kids scared at night and cry for there moms during the night in the hut next door and I impossible to sleep. But it is from Jack, he talks about killing Pigs but he hasn’t killed one yet and the shelters are in ruins and they need to be built. I miss my home in England and my school taking care of me and on certain holidays I would be able to spend time with my family.

From the corner of my eye I can see the little kids splashing each other in the water. I envy how they don’t have to do any work and how they eat, play, and sleep. I lay in the water relaxing as Simon practices his dive that making BLATANT ripples over my body and splash over my shoulders. I here a kid shriek and a name call I stiffen and turn my body and see a kid that put sand in the others eye. I can’t do anything but it seems that the kids know wrong and right and are waiting for a punishment that I won’t give.

Piggy is always thinking of ways that could help us on the island and today he decides that we should stick a stick in the ground to tell what time it is………instead of thinking of a way to get us back to England. I get carried away and begin to tell him how stupid the idea was and I begin to start to feel like Jack, always nagging on Piggy just because he’s fat and doesn’t do anything cause of his asthma. Piggy glares in the horizon and out on the horizon he sees smoke and as we both look closer we see a ship. Piggy and I run to the edge of the water staring where the smoke should be but isn’t. I yell, “Damn” I sprint up to the fire in one heart beat knowing we could be saved because if we can see there smoke they would be able to see our smoke.

I am barley out of breathe when I reach the fire that is dead. I look to see where the ship was, that is no longer in sight. I curse and crouch by the fire trying to find the right words. I hear from the distance, “Kill the Pig, cut her throat, and spill her blood.” I instantly knew they caught a pig and there was GOUTS of blood that was all over Jack’s hands and Jack let out the fire just so they could get meat when we could be getting ready to go home right now.

I see Jack first that has a huge grin smacked across his face with a BELLIGERENCE attitude and doesn’t even know about the ship. I zone out and repeat the same words, “You let the fire go out.” They cheer about the blood and the energy about how it felt like. Jack explains how he needed the twins to make a circle to circle the pig. I am furious but shocked. I tell him about the ship and how it was his responsibility to take care of the fire. But even though it is obvious that it was his fault there is nothing I can do. I order them to make a new fire and we light it quickly and cook the pig, raw but better than the normal fruit. I get a hand full of meat as well as Simon. Piggy sits empty handed and complains I still zoned out stare in the roar of the fire. The next thing I know Jack through meat at Simon and Piggy has meat stuffed in his mouth. Jack is one of the most IMPALPABLE people I know. I stand up and announce that I will be calling an assembly tonight, my voice filled with range I stand and walk away feeling very BALM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire

Fire
this is what i imagend what it looked like when the fire broke loose on the island